Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Upgrade v4.1.5 to 4.2.1x

Cannot seem to log back into the Web UI after the upgrade. Cleared cache and Loading QuantaStor Manager keeps spinning but with the older version even after clear cache.

Manually upgraded QS.
Tried manually issuing the upgrade commands and getting the below..

Completed setup of APT upgrade configuration settings.
Install latest security patches and upgrades.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-generic-lts-saucy linux-headers-3.13.0-39 linux-headers-generic-lts-saucy
linux-image-generic-lts-saucy
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
Installing latest version of QuantaStor services and dependencies.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
lsscsi is already the newest version.
pv is already the newest version.
qstortarget is already the newest version.
qstorservice is already the newest version.
libzpool2 is already the newest version.
libzfs2 is already the newest version.
qstortomcat is already the newest version.
python-softlayer-objstorage is already the newest version.
qstormanager is already the newest version.
zfsutils is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

March 3, 2017 | Registered CommenterDon Nguyen

Hi Don,
When you login via the WUI try hitting Ctrl-F5 to force it to clear the browser cache and reload. If that doesn't work then you did the right thing by checking out the upgrade via SSH/console. What you'll want to do is run qs-upgrade like so:

sudo qs-upgrade

As that will upgrade all the various components then try the WUI login and Ctrl-F5 in your browser. Another thing to check is to see if the core service is up and running and checking its version:

sudo -i
service quantastor status
qs --version
qs sys-get

If the WUI is older than the core service then it might just need to be restarted:

sudo -i
service tomcat restart

Let us know how it goes and if you're still having trouble on Monday we'll help sort it out. Thanks for the feedback, we went through upgrade testing from v4.1 but perhaps there was something missed.

Best,
-Steve

March 3, 2017 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hello Don,

In addition to Steves notes, we have seen some issues in the past where the cloudfront cache for our repository may not be immediately updated in all geographical locations once an update has shipped.

We recommend for your location that you wait at least 24-hours after an update has shipped to attempt install to give the cache servers for your location time to update.

As you have already installed some of the update, you may be in a state where a package was not cached properly for you and you will want to run the CLI upgrade steps once more now that the cache should be updated. The CLI upgrade steps for the 4.2.1 upgrade are here:
https://wiki.osnexus.com/index.php?title=QuantaStor_4.2.1_Upgrade_Instructions#Upgrading_to_4.2.1_the_3.19.0-73-quantastor_kernel_and_Latest_OS_Packages_and_Security_updates_via_Command_Line_Interface

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS

March 4, 2017 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Thanks for the replies guys, seems like restarting the TomCat services and waiting a bit works. Funny how I did restart the QuantaStor service and TomCat services before and it didn't work, I guess I have to be more patience next time.
Thank again!

March 4, 2017 | Registered CommenterDon Nguyen