Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Quantastor 3.16 and FC after reboot

We are testing Quantastor version 3.16 with the latest updates.
We also configure FC link that works very well, but when the system reboots the FC functions stop working.
I found that this problem was correct with v3.15.0.7762 (May 1st 2015); this fix are not cumulative and placed in the latest version ?
Regards.
Ennio

October 16, 2015 | Registered CommenterEnnio Locatelli

Hello Ennio,

We have found that some customers who have older QLogic controllers with out of date firmware will have controller cards that will not come back up in target mode after reboot.

Can you ensure you have the latest firmware version applied to your QLogic Controllers that QLogic offers?

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS

October 16, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Hello Chris,
i found that the firmware on our Qlogic was not update to the latest version, so i place an update to the latest version.
After this I reboot the appliance but the problem still persist.
I have also downloaded the latest updates from QuantaStor web interface but the problem is always the same.
If after the reboot i connect via SSH and i give the command "scstadmin -issue_lip" instantly all works fine till next reboot.
Regards
Ennio

October 28, 2015 | Registered CommenterEnnio Locatelli

Hello Ennio,

Can you provide details on the make and model of your Qlogic based adapter?

What firmware are you running on your adapter?

If you can provide those details I can have an Engineer take a look at the behavior you are describing.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

October 28, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Hello Ennio,

The Engineer reported that there are some instances where issuing the "scstadmin -issue_lip" command at system startup would be beneficial. We will be adding this as an enhancement in the 3.16.1 release we plan to release in the next few weeks.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

October 28, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Hello Everyone,

I am finding that my FC drops my LUN's about every 24hours or so. I have to reboot Quantastor and my ESX Host for the LUN's to come back. I moved off 1Gb iSCSI to FC. When on iSCSI i did not see this issue at all. Any insight or troubleshoot steps would be a great help

Quantastor v 3.16.5.9489
Qlogic QLE2462
FW 4.04.04
Driver 8.04.00.05.2.2

January 15, 2016 | Registered CommenterJordan W

Hello Jordan,

I have responded to your new thread regarding your issue, please do not resurrect old threads if your situation is different than the original posters.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS

January 16, 2016 | Registered CommenterChris Golden