Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Volume Create Error

When trying to create a storage volume I get "Storage Volume create failed. The response could not be deserialized.

What error does that mean?

September 27, 2015 | Registered CommenterDon Nguyen

Hmm, for XFS based storage pools we make a backup of the metadata for each Storage Volume into a XML file in the pool. This is used to recover the Storage Volumes automatically should the pool be moved to another system or in the case where the QuantaStor OS is reinstalled. That information is deserialized at startup of the core service and is written out when new Storage Volumes are created. Could you do a 'Send Logs' from that system and email support@osnexus.com. We'd like to have a closer look at that if you're still seeing it.
Best,
-Steve

October 4, 2015 | Registered CommenterSteve

After waiting about a day or so, I could create the volumes, which I find really odd. Do you think it QuantaStor is trying to do a background initialization of some sort?

This is with a ZFS volume.

October 7, 2015 | Registered CommenterDon Nguyen

Hello Don,

Did you recently upgrade the QuantaStor service on your system?

If you did, the QuantaStor Web Manager may have been an older cached version in your browser.

Whenever you Upgrade, please ensure that you clear your browser cache to load the newer matching Web manager for the QuantaStor service that is installed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS

October 7, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden