Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > How to enable SSD optimization on imported ZFS pool?

Hi,

I have installed Quantastor CE and upgrade to newest version (v3.15.3.8025). I tried and successfully import a ZFS pool from FreeNAS 9.3 (RAID 10, 04 SSD).
In storage pool section, I found there are some properties of the pool like: SSD Optimized - false; Write Optimizations Enabled - false. How to enable those ones? (even manually as I can not find any place to edit those).
In storage pool devices tab, all of my SSDs are recognized as Type - SAS not SSD as I saw in some screenshot on the Internet search result, how to fix it?
Currently I have set the I/O tuning profile to "Default SSD" (actually it reduces read-ahead only, right?)

Regards,

August 25, 2015 | Unregistered Commenterabcslayer

Sorry, actually it is running a trial license, not free license.

August 25, 2015 | Unregistered Commenterabcslayer

Hi ABC Slayer,
Correct, you've configured it properly. The main thing is to choose the Default SSD pool profile. The other bit about SSD Optimization is a legacy flag from QuantaStor v2 which had some experimental support for BTRFS. Back then BTRFS had a special filesystem flag to tune it for SSD and nowadays it detects SSD drives and turns it on automatically. We've since pulled support for BTRFS but are keeping an eye on it and may add support for BTRFS back into QuantaStor in 2016. For now, you can ignore the 'ssd optimized' flag.

Last, the Write Optimizations Enabled only applies to XFS based storage pools, and it essentially translates to the 'no-barriers' filesystem mount option. So it doesn't apply to ZFS based storage pools so we hide that option in the WebUI when the pool type is selected as ZFS. (the default).

Best,
-Steve

August 26, 2015 | Registered CommenterSteve