Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > iSCSI LUN as Physical Disk

Hi Guys,

I just got to know QuantaStor and it seems very efficient, I'm using it as a Virtual Machine in ESXi and just wanted to ask if it's possible to use an iSCSI Volume as a Physical Disk in QuantaStor and create a storage pool from that volume in QuantaStor, i'm going use QuantaStor for only NFS Exports nothing more.

Best Regards

July 9, 2015 | Registered CommenterRabi Hanna

Hello Rabi,

Yes, you can use a iSCSI or FC LUN in QuantaStor. Once you connect The QuantaStor to the LUN it will appear in the Physical Disk view of the WebUI after you run 'Physical DIsk > Scan'.

Details on connecting the QuantaStor as an initiator to legacy or other iSCSI target is available here: http://wiki.osnexus.com/index.php?title=QuantaStor_Administrators_Guide#Data_migration_via_iSCSI

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

July 14, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterChris Golden

Hi Rabi,
Keep a look out for a new feature coming in QuantaStor v3.16 that will allow you to login to a remote iSCSI storage appliance to pull SAN storage from other systems to the QuantaStor to be used to make storage pools. This is what we're calling QuantaStor SAN Gateway Appliance mode since you can use storage from any FC or iSCSI SAN. The way to configure this new feature is to go to the Hardware Controllers and Enclosures section in the WebUI then right-click and choose 'Add iSCSI SAN Adapter'. You can also have it map the storage to two appliances so that you can easily make a HA storage pool out of it.
Best,
-Steve

August 26, 2015 | Registered CommenterSteve