Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > VMware support

Some questions on VMware support -

1) The QuantaStor Key features page at http://www.osnexus.com/quantastor-features shows support for ESX/ESXi. Which version(s) is (are) supported?
2) Does Quantastor support VAAI? Which ones?
3) Are there any vCenter plugins from QuantaStor?
4) The VMware compatibility Guide at http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=san does not yet show QuantaStor or OSNexus. Is there a plan to obtain an official compatibility stamp from VMware

Thanks
- Gopi

March 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterGopi

Hi Gopi,
All versions of VMware ESX/ESXi 4+ are supported but we don't yet have support for VAAI or vCenter plugins. Those are on the roadmap. We are also planning to get an official compatibility stamp from VMware. We use the same open-source SCST driver stack that is used by some storage companies that have taken their hardware through the VMware cert process so it should go fairly quickly.
-Steve

March 14, 2014 | Registered CommenterSteve

Any advance on official compatibility with VMWare. That stamp is important to our clients.

Paddy

October 9, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterPaddy Heywood

Hi Paddy,
We're making good progress on it, we'll have an update on the forum here within the next couple weeks with more detailed progress.
Best,
-Steve

October 14, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSteve

Steve,

When you go through the testing process could you get certified for NFS shares also?

Paddy,
While not certified yet, I've used QuantaStor /w ZFS & NFS very successfully has a virtual SAN using passed through LSI controllers and a large JBOD unit with my ESXi 5.x servers.

-Paul

November 3, 2014 | Registered CommenterPaul Bucher

Almost a month has gone by since the "couple of weeks" post by Steve, just wondering where you are in the process?
Chris

November 12, 2014 | Registered CommenterChris Wall

Hello Chris W,

I believe we have an open e-mail thread regarding this topic with your Team.

We will send you a reply via that thread.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support.

November 12, 2014 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Chris, Paul,
Quick update here; OSNEXUS is now a VMware Elite partner and are working through iSCSI certification with VMware 5.1 first. This will be followed with VMware 5.5 cert testing and additional protocol coverage (NFS/FC).
Best,
-Steve

November 21, 2014 | Registered CommenterSteve

Any update on VAAI?

June 27, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterAlton

Hello Alton,

The full VAAI feature set support is on our roadmap and we plan to have it available for release in a few months.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

June 29, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

I heard that some of the VAAI primitives are now supported. If this is correct, which ones and which version of QS has this support?
Thanks

February 24, 2016 | Registered CommenterGopi Rajagopal

All but the server side copy operation. We're working on adding some hooks into the SCST driver so that we can integrate that command with Storage Volume snapshot/clone and other operations within QuantaStor.

March 24, 2016 | Registered CommenterSteve